Skip to content →

What can I do if an Ofsted inspection is disregarding or challenging the Christian views of my child?

If you feel that the inspection is going beyond the prescribed areas, for example if inspectors are found to be asking children inappropriate questions about belief or sexual ethics, you can withdraw your child from the school until the inspection is concluded – although this is not very practicable for a one day or two day inspection. Before taking this action it is advisable to talk to other parents about their child’s experiences. Parents acting together can be more effective in addressing these issues.

You can make a complaint directly to Ofsted at or by calling this government helpline on 0300 123 4666.

You can also contact the Department for Education directly, or ask your Member of Parliament to raise the issue with the Minister of State for Education.